Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Monday, May 20, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 2013
This is the report you have to write. Good luck!
You have been asked to write a report for an international survey about attitudes to jobs in your country. You should:
- · Describe the ways in which some jobs have gained or lost respect during the past twenty years
- · Explain why you think this has occurred
- · Say what other changes in jobs status may take place in the future
Here is the key to the exercises on gerinds and infinitives that we dind't do in class.
- Where and when did John Carlin speak to Mandela about writing the book?
- What other sportsmen does Carlin mention as having been a shaper on political perceptions?
- Who did Carlin have a very emotional interview with and why did this surprise him?
- What does Carlin say are the basic conditions for a fairy story? Do you agree?
- In what way does Carlin say Mandela had the edge over other charismatic politicians?
Chapter 1 Breakfast in Houghton
- What ritual could Mandela never fail to do no matter where he was?
- What ritual annoyed his cell mates on Robben Island?
- How did the Springboks feel that they could play a part in politics by winning the final?
- What figure did Mandela’s bodyguard, Moonsamy, compare Mandela to on entering the stadium?
- Name two things they were afraid could happen in the stadium to upset the atmosphere.
Continue reading to see ALL the questions.