It was shocking to realize that as late as 1998, this was still one of the few movies made by insiders, written, directed, and acted by Native Americans. The father-son narrative is conventional but it has humor and is well acted.
According to this part of the film Tom must change some aspects of his appearance to be a real Indian.
- Indians are not supposed to ___________
- You must look _________ and look like a ___________
- You should look like you’ve just been _________________________
- You have to know how to____________________. An Indian man is nothing________________.
- You have to ________________ that suit.
Cree filmmaker Neil Diamond takes an entertaining and insightful look at the Hollywood Indian, exploring the portrayal of North American Natives through a century of cinema.